Not long ago, grocery shopping happened solely in-store and banking was done with the help of a human teller. But in the blink of an eye, the internet, social media and mobile devices changed the relationship between company and customer as we knew it. Now, the quality of every interaction with a brand plays into a larger customer experience lifecycle that evolves with every conversation, across multiple channels.
– 89 percent of customers have switched brand loyalties due to poor CX. 69 percent will pay more for products and services from brands with a good CX reputation.
West surveyed more than 500 U.S. consumers to understand how they define high quality CX, gauge how communication preferences shift across self-service and proactive interactions, and identify which industries are leading and lagging in CX delivery. Download this whitepaper to explore customer expectations for your CX and learn:
- How to respond to the ever-growing demand for balanced, multichannel communication
- Strategies for understanding customers’ unique needs and how to tailor more personalized interactions
- Which elements of your CX customers deem most important to overall satisfaction
- The roadmap to striking the right balance between proactive communication and opportunities for self-service
When building out your CX ecosystem, it’s important to recognize that customer preferences vary by demographic and intent; one size doesn’t fit all. Eighty-nine percent of customers have switched brand loyalties over poor CX, according to recent research.[i] Further, 69 percent will pay more for products or services from brands with a good customer service reputation.[ii] In the realm of customer experience, communication is everything. But in the digital age, the volume of available communication channels is growing exponentially – leaving brands to navigate consumers’ rapidly changing preferences.
[i] 1 “Global Insights on Succeeding in the Customer Experience Era,” Oracle, 2013. http://www.oracle.com/us/global-cx-study-2240276.pdf
[ii] “Smarter Service for the Connected Consumer: Delivering Customer Experience Excellence in the Contact Center,” International Customer Management Institute, September 2015. http://www.icmi.com/Resources/Research/2015 Smarter-Service-for-the-Connected-Consumer