Copyright, Trademark, and Other Intellectual Property
West and its affiliates hold copyright to all materials posted on their websites and reserve all rights thereto. Any and all uses of the materials posted on the websites are prohibited. The authorization granted herein does not extend to the design, format, or layout of the websites, which may be further protected under applicable trade dress, trademark, or copyright laws. All copyright, patent, trademark, and other intellectual property-related notices must remain affixed to any materials downloaded from the websites. Failure to maintain such notices voids the authorization granted above.
In granting this authorization, West and its affiliates grant no other right, title, ownership, license, or other property interest in the materials and subject matter posted on the websites, and in any intellectual property rights protecting such materials and subject matter.
The West logo, any affiliate logos, and the names of all West products and/or services and West affiliate products and/or services as posted herein are either trademarks or service marks, or registered trademarks and/or service marks of West Corporation or its affiliates.
The names of other products and companies mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or service marks held by their respective owners.
West and its affiliates have made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of all materials posted on their websites. However, it should be understood that despite these efforts, these materials could contain errors. Materials posted on the websites are current only as of the date that such materials are posted. With the passage of time, these materials may become incomplete, obsolete, or outdated. West and its affiliates have no obligation and make no commitment to update these materials. Accordingly, all materials are posted on the websites on an “AS IS” basis without any express warranty. Further, all implied warranties are disclaimed, including but not limited to the warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, of merchantability, of title, and of non-infringement. Users of the websites should verify and confirm all information posted herein before relying on any such information. Specifications for products and/or services offered by West may differ from what is stated in the websites, such specifications being subject to change without notice.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WEST OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, DATA LOSS, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION) FROM THE USE OF OR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION FROM THE WEBSITE(S), EVEN IF WEST OR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Materials prepared by West and/or its affiliates and posted on the websites that are not historical facts may be forward-looking statements as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. As such, these forward-looking statements are subject to various risk and uncertainty factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. These factors are discussed more fully in the various reports filed by West Corporation from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the West Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequently filed Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q. See http://investor.shareholder.com/west/. Users of the websites are cautioned to consider any and all forward-looking statements posted on this site in light of these risk and uncertainty factors.
Effective May 1, 2015
This Privacy Statement applies to West Corporation and its affiliates (“West”) unless there is a separately posted privacy statement.
Your privacy is an important factor West considers in the development of each of our products and services. This Privacy Statement explains generally how we receive personal information about you, and what we do with that personal information once we have it.
What do we mean by “personal information?”
For us, “personal information” means information which identifies you or allows us to contact you, like your name or email address.
How do we learn personal information about you?
We learn personal information about you when:
- you give it to us directly (e.g., when you choose to contact us, or make a request for information);
- we collect it automatically through our products and services (e.g., through your use of West services);
- someone else tells us personal information about you (e.g., our client provides us your personal information in order for us to perform services for them); or
- when we try to understand more about you based on personal information you’ve given to us (e.g., when we use your IP address to customize language for some of our services).
What do we do with your personal information once we have it?
When you give us personal information, we will use it in the ways for which you’ve given us permission, or ways in which our clients who provided us the personal information, instruct. Generally, we use your personal information to help us provide and improve our products and services for you and our clients with which you have a business relationship. We may also use the personal information you provide to contact you regarding additional or new services and features offered by West, or important information regarding West.
If you have provided personal information to our client, their privacy statement will also apply. You should familiarize yourself with their statement.
When do we share your personal information with others?
- When we have asked and received your permission to share it.
- When we’re required to provide it to our client from whom we received your personal information, or with whom you have a business relationship.
- For processing or providing products and services to you, but only if those entities receiving your personal information are contractually obligated to handle the data in ways approved by West.
- We sometimes provide personal information to our business partners to make our products and services better, but when we do so, we will remove your personal information and try to disclose it in a way that minimizes the risk of you being re-identified.
- We follow the law whenever we receive requests about you from a government entity, or related to a lawsuit. We’ll notify you or our client from whom we received your personal information when we’re asked to hand over your personal information in this way unless we’re legally prohibited from doing so. When we receive requests like this, we’ll only release your personal information if we have a good faith belief the law requires us to do so. Nothing in this Statement is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections you may have to a third party’s request to disclose your personal information.
- We share your personal information if we have a good faith belief it is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of you, our other users, West or the public.
- If our organizational structure or status changes (e.g., if we undergo a restructuring, are acquired, or go bankrupt), we may pass your personal information to a successor or affiliate.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
We are committed to protecting your personal information once we have it. We implement physical, administrative and technical security measures. Despite our efforts, if we learn of a security breach involving your personal information, when required by law, we’ll notify you or our client so appropriate protective steps can be taken. West is not responsible for unauthorized access to such personal information by hackers or others that obtain access through illegal measures, in the absence of negligence on the part of West.
What else should I know?
We’re a global organization and our information systems are in several countries around the world. We also use service providers whose information systems may also be in various countries. This means your personal information might end up in one of those information systems in another country, and that country may have a different level of data protection regulation than yours. By giving us personal information, you consent to this kind of transfer of your personal information. No matter what country your personal information is in, we comply with applicable law and will also abide by the commitments we make in this Privacy Statement.
If you are under 13, we don’t want your personal information, and you must not provide it to us. If you are a parent and believe your child who is under 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us to have your child’s information removed.
You may have access to other sites through the West websites. These sites may have different security practices and you should familiarize yourself with those practices.
How do you handle my “Do Not Track” browser settings?
West does not track the non-West website activity of any internet user with Do Not Track browser settings engaged.
What if we change this Privacy Statement or any of our privacy notices?
We may need to change this Statement and our notices. The updates will be posted online. If the changes are substantive, we will announce the update through West’s websites. Your continued use of the product or service after the effective date of such changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes. To make your review more convenient, we will post an effective date at the top of the page.
How do you keep my healthcare information private?
West Corporation and its affiliates are required by law to maintain the privacy of “protected via health information.” Please follow this link to West’s HIPAA Privacy Notice.
If you want to make a correction to your personal information, or you have any questions about our privacy statement, please contact:
Attn: Janette Nelson, Vice President & Deputy General Counsel
11808 Miracle Hills Drive
Omaha, NE 68154, USA
Or, you may email us at email@example.com.