Centralize and simplify E9-1-1 with West Safety Services. Many enterprises today are making the strategic decision to move their Unified Communications capabilities to the cloud with HCS, Cisco’s UC as a Service (UCaaS) offering.
Many enterprises today are making the strategic decision to move their Unified Communications capabilities to the cloud with HCS, Cisco’s UC as a Service (UCaaS) offering.
However, UCaaS providers face several challenges when it comes to E9-1-1, including:
- Meeting state and federal E9-1-1 legislation
• Reducing the management burden and liability associated with customer record provisioning
• Providing support for varied customer needs, without requiring solution customization for each instance
• Managing costs within the UCaaS pricing model
Our solutions for Cisco HCS – consisting of the Emergency Routing Service (ERS) and the Emergency Gateway (EGW) – help UCaaS providers meet these E9-1-1 challenges in an elegant, cost-effective manner.
- Compliance with E9-1-1 legislation and regulations
• E9-1-1 call delivery to Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) across the US and Canada
• Simple to use customer-side location provisioning, transferring record provisioning liability from the UCaaS provider to the customer
• Automatic ALI database sync, ensuring customer locations are always current
• Standardized solution configuration, speeding time to deployment
• Consistent pricing, regardless of whether users are located on- or off-site
• Additional value-added features including automatic IP phone tracking, security desk routing and notification, and more
• E9-1-1 support for multiple UC platforms, including Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution, Avaya Collaborative Cloud, Microsoft Lync, BroadSoft, and more