Text-to-9-1-1. When A Voice Call Isn’t an Option.
A woman is able to secretly text 9-1-1 during a domestic violence dispute. Two lost hikers text pictures of their surroundings to assist the first responders who are trying to locate them. These two real-world scenarios resulted in positive outcomes thanks to innovations in text-to-9-1-1.
What began as a ground-breaking solution for the deaf and hearing-impaired community has rapidly evolved into a practical and often only viable alternative to a voice call. Since West successfully tested the nation’s first 9-1-1 text message back in 2009, our TXT29-1-1® solution has led the industry for reliability and performance, both carriers and public safety agencies.
With West’s TXT29-1-1® solution, your subscribers can rely on emergency text messaging where supported by their local PSAP:
- Requires no costly infrastructure and technology upgrades
- Leverages existing SMS infrastructure to deliver real-time messaging
- Uses caller location to route to the nearest PSAP
- Delivers high-availability performance
- Compatible with 2G, 3G and 4G technologies