E911 SOLUTIONS FOR SKYPE FOR BUSINESS AND MICROSOFT PLATFORMS
West delivers comprehensive and reliable E911 support for Skype for Business and its predecessor, Microsoft Lync. Our solution was one of the first to provide Skype for Business E911 support, and is field-tested and proven in deployments across North America.
Skype for Business includes native E911 location functionality as part of its feature set. West’s E911 solutions enhance this functionality, providing the necessary E911 call routing capabilities to deliver 911 emergency calls and accurate location information to the appropriate Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP). You’ll keep your enterprise users safe while meeting E911 regulations.
Our participation in the Microsoft Partner Program provides you with an enhanced level of confidence in our products’ interoperability and ease of deployment.
- Interface to provision E911 location data in civic address format
- Layer 2 (for LLDP-enabled networks) and Layer 3 (subnet-based) IP phone tracking
- Wireless phone tracking
- Security desk IM alerts and distribution lists
- Configurable retransmission frequency for Skype for Business client location request
- Support for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
For more details on how our solutions integrate with Skype for Business, download the E911 for Microsoft’s Skype for Business Data Sheet.
- SIP-based E911 call routing and location information delivered to the appropriate PSAP
- Real-time 911 location data validation
- E911 management support for multi-vendor environments (e.g. Cisco, Avaya, etc.)
- Gateway to permit 911 call delivery to the PSAP via the local carrier’s network
- Security desk notification features including call monitoring, on-screen alerts and more
- MAC address resolver
- Layer 2 tracking for non-LLDP-enabled environments
EGW is an on-site appliance that simplifies E911 management. It helps to keep your IP phone 911 locations current, notifies on-site security personnel when someone within your enterprise calls 911, and helps you meet all E911 regulations.
Available as either a hardware or virtualized appliance, EGW supports:
- Automatic discovery of 911 locations for IP phones, soft phones and wireless phones
- Unified 911 management for complex, multi-vendor environments
- On-site security desk routing and notification via screen pop, email, pager and SMS
- Test mode feature to validate your configuration and ensure accurate routing of 911 calls.
EGW is also available as a stand-alone solution for organizations preferring to use a local carrier to route 911 calls.
Download the EGW Data Sheet for more details.
ERS is a hosted E911 service that connects organizations to over 6,000 Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) across North America. A single, centralized E911 call routing solution, it allows organizations to deliver 911 emergency calls and detailed end-user 911 location information to the nearest PSAP.
With ERS, you’ll:
- Support call routing with Skype for Business’ SIP-based 911 location format
- Simplify compliance with state and local E911 regulations
- Provide E911 support for your end-users including those at the main campus, at branch offices or working remotely
- Enable delivery of granular 911 location information down to the building, floor and room level
- Leverage real-time address provisioning and validation features
Download the ERS Data Sheet for more details.
An ancillary solution to West’s Emergency Gateway (EGW) appliance, Desk Alert displays an on-screen alert on your security desk workstation whenever 911 is dialed from within your enterprise. Your security team instantly knows the caller’s name, location and additional details to help them assess and triage the situation.
Your security team receives:
- Automatic alerts whenever an end-user calls 911
- Caller information including name, callback number and detailed 911 location
- Links to enhanced data that your enterprise provisions, such as detailed floor plans, emergency contacts and more
- Misdial and testing indicators, as well as advanced reporting features
- Situational awareness to help improve response times and outcomes
Download the Desk Alert Data Sheet for more details.
PDM is a network discovery appliance (i.e. MAC address resolver) designed to automatically locate soft phones using Layer 2 tracking. It interfaces directly with the Skype for Business Location Information Server (LIS) and can interoperate with multiple LIS simultaneously.
The PDM is deployed in conjunction with West’s ERS and may be deployed in pairs to increase redundancy and capacity.
Download the Phone Discovery Manager Data Sheet for more details.