NEXT GENERATION 9-1-1: THE LOOK OF SUCCESS
Next Generation 9-1-1 is taking us on an inevitable journey that can be traveled in practical and measureable steps over time. As a proven industry leader of emergency communications technology and networks, West will guide you along the path to a successful Next Generation 9-1-1 (N9-1-1) solution.
Leading the transformation to the new IP-based world of 9-1-1, West is deeply invested in the development of dynamic, versatile and forward-looking solutions and services for emergency communications. Combined with a staff of experienced public safety, information technology and telecommunications experts, West is unrivaled in its ability to deliver further advancements in meeting both imminent challenges and future opportunities in public safety.
The Emergency Services IP Network (ESInet) forms the foundation of the IP-based NG9-1-1 system, providing interoperability and advanced routing capabilities No matter where you are in your own transition to NG9-1-1, West can provide safe passage with each foundational element:
- West’s Intelligent Emergency Network® (IEN) builds on the Legacy 9-1-1 system by allowing 9-1-1 officials to introduce new opportunities presented by IP. IEN enhances traditional 9-1-1 functionality with improved call routing flexibility and interoperability.
- IP routing allows data to travel across multiple networks from source to destination and can replace your legacy selective router. This paves the way for your ability to accept IP-based text-to-9-1-1 messaging.
- West offers the latest emergency call handling technology. Intrado VIPER® cleanly and simply displays all sorts of new incoming information from new data types, making it easy for your call-takers to work quickly and efficiently.
- West is uniquely positioned to help you prepare your data, validated against the current Master Street Address Guide (MSAG) in comparison to ALI or TN databases.
- When your data is ready, you will be able to implement GIS-based Location data management for GIS-based routing. This will ensure all your location data is validated, synchronized, and current.
- TXT29-1-1® is a new media upgrade that allows citizens to send SMS messages directly to 9-1-1, the best option if they are unable to talk, or are hard of hearing. PSAPs can choose from three industry-standard delivery options enable text messaging service with wireless subscribers including: SMS-to-TTY; Integrated TXT29-1-1® with a direct connection to the PSAP CPE; and Web browser which utilizes a URL with login and password.
- Advanced Data Services will add major operational enhancements for first responders. With the ability to view blueprints and security cameras, and receive video and photos from citizens at the incident, you can now help first responders assess situations better than ever before.
With nearly 40 years’ experience and hundreds of legacy PSAP conversions successfully completed, West is ready to help you build your NG9-1-1 network, no matter where you are in the process.
What began as a ground-breaking solution for the deaf and hearing-impaired community has rapidly evolved into a practical and often necessary alternative to a voice call.
We can help you set up your entire Next Gen 9-1-1 system from start to finish… and get you there without a glitch!
Leverage industry-leading data management services, reporting and analysis tools and network gateway services to increase operational efficiency and reduce costs.
Achieve the highest levels of address data accuracy with “public safety grade” 9-1-1 ILEC solutions.
GIS i3 Services
Our GIS, i3 compliant data services help you answer the challenges of location validation, routing and service Identification.
While Geographic Information System (GIS) data has played a role in legacy 9-1-1 environments, in Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) deployments, GIS takes center stage, delivering enhanced functionality that dramatically reduces response times.
GIS Data Services
Our GIS data services help you gain control of the increased demands for accurate spatial data, data management, quality assurance and maintenance of public safety GIS data.
MapSAG is the leading 9-1-1 GIS data management system for the 9-1-1 industry, providing a visually intuitive framework for analyzing, understanding, and synchronizing both tabular 9-1-1 data and layered, map-based GIS information.
Enterprise Geospatial Data
Management System (EGDMS)
EGDMS is a combination of our proprietary software and managed services custom fit to meet your
specific 9-1-1 enterprise data maintenance needs.
MapFlex 9-1-1 helps the PSAP respond to 9-1-1 calls and display 9-1-1 call locations in a visual, user-friendly,