NEXT GENERATION 911: THE LOOK OF SUCCESS
Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG911) is taking us on an inevitable journey that can be traveled in practical and measurable steps over time. As a proven industry leader of emergency communications technology and networks, Intrado will guide you along the path to a successful NG911 solution.
Leading the transformation to the new internet protocol based (IP-based) world of 911, Intrado is deeply invested in the development of dynamic, versatile and forward-looking solutions and services for emergency communications. Combined with a staff of experienced public safety, information technology and telecommunications experts, West is unrivaled in its ability to deliver further advancements in meeting both imminent challenges and future opportunities in public safety.
The Emergency Services IP Network (ESInet) forms the foundation of the IP-based NG911 system, providing interoperability and advanced routing capabilities. No matter where you are in your own transition to NG911, Intrado can provide safe passage with each foundational element:
- The Intrado Intelligent Emergency Network® (IEN) builds on the Legacy 911 system by allowing 911 officials to introduce new opportunities presented by IP. IEN enhances traditional 911 functionality with improved call routing flexibility and interoperability.
- IP routing allows data to travel across multiple networks from source to destination and can replace your legacy selective router. This paves the way for your ability to accept IP-based text-to-911 messaging.
- Intrado offers the latest emergency call handling technology. Our VIPER® system cleanly and simply displays all sorts of new incoming information from new data types, making it easy for your call-takers to work quickly and efficiently.
- Intrado is uniquely positioned to help you prepare your data, validated against the current Master Street Address Guide (MSAG) in comparison to Automatic Location Identification (ALI) or telephone number (TN) databases.
- When your data is ready, you will be able to implement GIS-based Location data management for GIS-based routing. This will ensure that your location data is validated, synchronized, and current.
- TXT29-1-1® allows citizens to send SMS messages directly to 911. PSAPs can choose from three industry-standard delivery options by Intrado to enable text messaging service with wireless subscribers.
- Advanced Data Services will add major operational enhancements for first responders. The ability to view blueprints and security cameras, and receive video and photos from citizens at the incident providing greater situational awareness than ever before.
With over 40 years’ experience and hundreds of legacy PSAP conversions successfully completed, Intrado is ready to help you build your NG911 network, no matter where you are in the process. We can help you at the beginning, at the end and everywhere in between.
You can achieve the highest levels of address data accuracy with “public safety grade” 9-1-1 solutions. Partner with West to leverage industry-leading data management services, reporting and analysis tools and network gateway services that increase operational efficiencies while reducing cost.
CPE / Call Handling
Optimize PSAP resources, simplify processes and realize greater affordability.
GIS i3 Data Services
While GIS data has played a role in legacy 9-1-1 environments, in NG9-1-1 deployments, GIS takes center stage, delivering enhanced functionality that dramatically reduces response times. Our GIS, i3-compliant data services help you answer the challenges of location validation, routing and service identification.
Spatial Command & Control (SCC)
Spatial Command & Control provides a shared, precise mapping solution with authoritative GIS data, third-party resources and powerful search tools along with call handling integration, delivering all the information needed to locate callers and dispatch services quickly, accurately and safely. Using modern Esri technology within a completely configurable display, Spatial Command & Control also delivers heightened situational awareness on common operating platform across multiple jurisdictions.
GIS Data Services
Our GIS data services help you gain control of the increased demands for accurate spatial data, data management, quality assurance and maintenance of public safety GIS data.
MapSAG is the leading 9-1-1 GIS data management system for the 9-1-1 industry, providing a visually intuitive framework for analyzing, understanding, and synchronizing both tabular 9-1-1 data and layered, map-based GIS information.
Enterprise Geospatial Data
Management System (EGDMS)
EGDMS is a combination of our proprietary software and managed services custom fit to meet your
specific 9-1-1 enterprise data maintenance needs.
MapFlex 9-1-1 helps the PSAP respond to 9-1-1 calls and display 9-1-1 call locations in a visual, user-friendly,
Intrado’s NG9-1-1 i3 Routing Services are fully managed solutions that offer emergency call delivery over managed Internet Protocol (IP) networks. As a service to vendors and partners, West provides Interoperability Testing between our services and Terminating Emergency Services Routing Proxys (T-ESRPs). Learn more here.
What began as a ground-breaking solution for the deaf and hearing-impaired community has rapidly evolved into a practical and often necessary alternative to a voice call.