TXT29-1-1® SAVES LIVES. REALLY.
Texting to 9-1-1 is a reality. Intrado’s TXT29-1-1 was fully tested, tried and implemented long before FCC mandates required that carriers enable the support and routing of text-to-9-1-1 calls. We were there, ready to help PSAPS prepare their centers to accept and respond when citizens text their requests for emergency assistance. What began as a ground-breaking solution for the deaf and hard of hearing has rapidly evolved into a practical and often necessary alternative to a voice call.
SO MANY OPTIONS, BUT ONLY ONE REAL CHOICE
Hundreds of PSAPs and Carriers across the U.S. have come to rely upon the robust technology of Intrado’s TXT29-1-1 text messaging solution for 9-1-1. PSAPs can choose from three industry-standard delivery options from West to enable text messaging service with wireless subscribers. Available options including: SMS-to-TTY; Integrated TXT29-1-1 with a direct connection to the PSAP CPE; and Web browser which utilizes a URL with login and password.
TXT29-1-1 has been tested and tried and deployed in hundreds of PSAPs nationwide. With TXT29-1-1, PSAPs have the ability to transfer to any other PSAP without opening another browser or interfering with text calls.
TXT29-1-1 offers many advantages:
- A highly-available and intuitive interface on the Web app or via VIPER interface
- Simultaneous text sessions with simplified message queue management
- Support for i3 ESInet and Internet network delivery
- Ability to externally transfer text messages
- Seamless migration between integrated and web version
- Fully compatible with all wireless carriers and text service providers in a single stream with one interface for multiple carriers