TXT29-1-1® SAVES LIVES. REALLY.
Texting to 9-1-1 is a reality. Intrado’s TXT29-1-1 was fully tested, tried and implemented long before FCC mandates required that carriers enable the support and routing of text-to-9-1-1 calls. We were there, ready to help public safety answering points (PSAP) prepare their emergency communications centers (ECC) to accept and respond when citizens text their requests for emergency assistance. What began as a ground-breaking solution for the deaf and hard of hearing has rapidly evolved into a practical and often necessary alternative to a voice call.
SO MANY OPTIONS, BUT ONLY ONE REAL CHOICE
Hundreds of PSAPs, ECCs and Carriers across the U.S. have come to rely upon the robust technology of the Intrado TXT29-1-1 text messaging solution for 9-1-1. PSAPs can choose from three industry-standard delivery options from Intrado alone to enable text messaging service with wireless subscribers. Available options including: SMS-to-TTY; Integrated TXT29-1-1 with a direct connection to the PSAP CPE; and Web browser which utilizes a URL with login and password.
TXT29-1-1 has been tested and tried and deployed in hundreds of PSAPs nationwide. With TXT29-1-1, PSAPs have the ability to transfer to any other PSAP without opening another browser or interfering with text calls.
TXT29-1-1 offers many advantages:
- A highly-available and intuitive interface on the Web app or via VIPER interface
- Simultaneous text sessions with simplified message queue management
- Support for i3 ESInet and Internet network delivery
- Ability to externally transfer text messages
- Seamless migration between integrated and web version
- Fully compatible with all wireless carriers and text service providers in a single stream with one interface for multiple carriers