NG9-1-1 GIS DATA READINESS AND i3 COMPLIANCE
How GIS data is assessed, analyzed, cleansed, validated and maintained has a direct effect on the future success of your 9-1-1 operations. Intrado can help you gain control of the increased demands for accurate spatial data, data management, quality assurance and maintenance of public safety GIS data. The Intrado GIS team leverages proprietary processes and tools to proactively eliminate inaccurate information and build the foundational GIS data layers necessary for the appropriate emergency.
Since no two agencies are alike, we partner with you to help you understand and enhance your unique GIS database layers in order to achieve the highest standards of accuracy for NG9-1-1. For agencies that are ready to progress to a GIS-based NG9-1-1 system, the process can seem daunting. Intrado has gained significant experience in helping agencies create and deploy GIS data through our methodical, no-nonsense approach.
Making the transition from a Legacy, tabular Master Street Address Guide (MSAG) to a geographic data-based MSAG or geoMSAG™ can be accomplished through a tested and proven six-step process to help meet the strict requirements of the NG9-1-1 environment. This process has proven to reduce complexity and the risks associated with this substantial shift in 9-1-1 systems.
- First, your data needs to be ASSESSED, helping you make the transition from a legacy (tabular) MSAG to a geographic data-based MSAG – or geoMSAG.
- PLANNING how to build and/or enhance and, ultimately, maintain your GIS database.
- COLLECTION can be a very complex and labor-intensive task but well worth the effort in creating a functional and effective GIS database.
- Once your GIS database is built, it must be CLEANSED and validated to ensure it is accurate and fits requirements.
- IMPLEMENTATION is the reward for successful completion of the Assessment, Planning, Collection and Cleansing steps.
- DATA MAINTENANCE is an essential, ongoing process that includes continual data collection for new addresses, roads and boundary changes to ensure you maintain a comprehensive and accurate database.